By Nature's Plus
Enjoy this delicious turmeric hearty soup anytime you’re in the mood for a comforting bowl of wellness.
Also, check out our new Source of Life Garden Curcumin supplement made with certified organic turmeric root.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, skin on, diced into penny-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno (optional,) seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric (use 1 tablespoon of curry powder if not available)
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 can (15 oz.) no-or low-salt diced tomatoes with juices
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup small pasta
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas or 1 can (15 oz.) drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, red bell pepper and jalapeno (if using) and cook another 4 minutes.
- Add turmeric, basil, paprika, ginger, cinnamon and soy sauce and stir until all ingredients are coated and spices warm up, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and broth, cover and let simmer until sweet potatoes are almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add pasta, uncover and cook until pasta is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Fold in the chickpeas, kale and lemon juice and simmer until kale wilts and chickpeas are warm, about 4 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!