By Nature's Plus
You may know it as the deep yellow spice in your favorite Indian dishes, but did you know turmeric dates back as far as 2,500 B.C? Today’s chef’s and health enthusiasts are rediscovering this ancient Asian spice and one of its most powerful bio-active compounds called curcumin. This health power-house is finding its way into households across the country as a flavorful, versatile spice and one of the most powerful defenses against inflammation.
We all have some level of hidden inflammation that we may not even be aware of. Factors including stress, food sensitivities and toxic overload can silently damage our body’s organs. Unfortunately, this damage may lay dormant for years and present with symptoms later in life.
Nature’s Plus Source of Life® Garden Curcumin (Organic) can provide the nutritional support you need to combat hidden inflammation that may be lurking in your body today. Each capsule provides 400 milligrams of certified organic turmeric root standardized to 95% curcuminoids, and is free from harmful chemicals, so you get the full amount of optimally absorbable curcumin in every bottle.
Golden benefits of turmeric/curcumin
Turmeric has been used for centuries to relieve disorders relating to liver problems, depression and stomach pain. Here are some other benefits to add to the list:
- Packed with nutrients– including beta-carotene, vitamin C, calcium, flavonoids, fiber, iron, niacin, potassium and zinc
- Versatile spice—its peppery flavor and mild fragrance adds an Indian flair to any recipe. To preserve its essential oils, turmeric should be added at the end of the cooking process
- Natural preservative—turmeric paste makes a great marinade for chicken, fish and meat
- Benefits Female Reproductive System
- Used as a dye to color cloths, threads and cosmetics