Savor the flavor of these delicious and satisfying potato protein pancakes that are chocked with the nutritious goodness of Natures Plus Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein. They’re the perfect comfort food to accompany your favorite meal and make for a great snack for those days when you’re on the go.
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes, or 2 medium-sized starchy potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 scoop of Natures Plus Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder, or 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, or oat milk as a substitute
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil, or your favorite oil or butter as a substitute
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain well and press through a ricer, or mash well.
- Measure out 1 cup of potatoes and spoon in a bowl. Let cool. Then, sieve flour and baking powder onto mashed potatoes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk together and add to potato mixture. Add chives and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add 1/2 teaspoon of sunflower oil and a pea-sized dot of butter. When oil and butter are hot, begin making the pancakes by pouring 1 tablespoon of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes for 1 minute or until the underside is golden brown and small bubbles appear on top. Flip pancakes and cook until golden. Remove from pan and keep warm. Continue cooking remaining potato pancakes, adding more oil and butter as needed.
- Serve pancakes in stacks. Enjoy!
- Serving suggestion: Serve as a breakfast or brunch side dish alongside eggs and bacon, or with your favorite sautéed vegetables or fish dish.