This nutritious, filling snack only takes 5 ingredients and are super quick to make.
By Nature’s Plus
You may have noticed that no-bake energy bites have become a healthy snack of choice over the past few years. It’s not hard to understand why. They are packed with nutrients, only take minutes to make, and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. And on top of the convenience and energy you get from these – they are delicious!
With all the hype, we decided to test out a recipe of our own. The nutrient we focused on was protein. We used nuts, dried fruit, mixes seeds and added SPIRU-TEIN to give it them an extra punch (this natural supplement gives you 14 g of protein per serving).
These bites are perfect for breakfast or as a quick, filling snack throughout the day. They give you the energy and protein you need to power you through your day.
- ¾ cup almonds (or nut of choice)
- 1 cup raisins (or dried fruit of choice, e.g., dates or apricots)
- ½ cup mixed seeds, lightly grounded (chia, sesame, flax, hemp)
- 1 tsp. goji berries or dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp. SPIRU-TEIN powder (any flavor of choice)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn your speed to ‘High’ and pulse your machine on and off for about 3 seconds each time.
- Once it has formed a dough, stop your blender and place dough onto a chopping board.
- Roll the mixture into little balls, about 1” in diameter and then roll each in shredded coconut.