Start the morning feeling energized and uplifted.
By Olivia Hemingway
If you haven’t tried a smoothie bowl yet, what are you waiting for? I’m telling you, eat one smoothie bowl and you’ll be hooked. Not only are they delicious and filling, but they are loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, giving you the extra servings of fruit and protein that you need throughout your day.
In a previous blog, I provided one of my favorite smoothie bowl recipes, “Cheeky Monkey.” Here’s another combination that I love just as much.
- 1 scoop Nature’s Plus® Sunflower Protein
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries or blueberries)
- 1-2 tsps. maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp peanut butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. Maca powder
- Peel the banana and slice it into one-to-two inch chunks. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer. Once frozen (which should only take between one and two hours), either take the bananas out or place banana chunks in a freezer-safe bag and put them back in freezer and leave them there overnight.
- Place Nature’s Plus® Sunflower Protein, frozen banana, maple syrup, cinnamon, peanut butter, salt and Maca powder in a blender and mix until combined.
- Place smoothie mixture in a bowl and top with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, frozen berries, goji berries and chia seeds (or any other topping of your choosing).