This protein-packed, carrot cake is full of healthy ingredients and cozy spices.
By Nature’s Plus
Carrot cake often comes across as a healthy dessert option (it includes carrots, so it has to be healthy, right?). But what many people don’t realize is that this carrot cake isn’t exactly packed with nutrients… unless it’s made with the right ingredients.
We put together a carrot cake recipe made with all natural ingredients, to make this dessert a real healthy choice. This cake is naturally sweet and has an added scoop of SPIRU-TEIN Chai Latte to give it that extra sweet, spicy flavor and a great dose of protein.
This recipe is perfect for fall!
- 3/4 cup raw organic coconut oil, melted
- 3 organic eggs
- 50g honey
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/8 cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup ground almond
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup SPIRU-TEIN Chai Latte (to get a sweet spicy flavor!) (or SPIRU-TEIN GOLD Vanilla Shake)
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 10 oz containers of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp SPRIU-TEIN Vanilla
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees C.
- Whisk eggs, honey and coconut sugar together.
- Add melted coconut oil to the mix (pouring it slowly).
- Using a spatula, slowly add the gluten-free flour previously mixed with the cinnamon, ground almond bicarbonate, and SPIRU-TEIN Chai Latte.
- Fold in the grated carrots and put the mix into a medium-size cake tin with parchment paper and cook for 40 minutes.
- Let it rest for 1 hour.
- For the cream, mix coconut, yogurt and SPIRU-TEIN Vanilla together until creamy.