By Sarah Fergus
Colder weather calls for comfort food. And what could be more comforting on a winter’s morning than warm fluffy pancakes to start your day? The hint of ginger will make you flip over these tasty pancakes; plus, they’re gluten-free and packed with protein and nourishing goodness that will keep you and your sweet tooth satisfied for hours.
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free oats
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Spiru-Tein®
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet and coat with cooking spray.
- Scoop batter into your favorite sized pancakes, turning once. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve with raw honey or pancake syrup. Yummy!