A comforting soup packed with flavor and amino acids.
By Olivia Hemingway
There’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of hot soup after a long day. We’ve found the perfect recipe that blends fresh vegetables and protein to stir up a celery and pea soup that is packed with lots of flavor and essential amino acids.
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp. bouillon powder or other vegetable stock
- 1 scoop pea protein
- 1 cup soy milk or alternative
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Nutmeg, salt and black pepper to taste
- Croutons or bread
- Heat oil in a large pan and add potato, celery, onion and garlic. Reduce heat to low, cover and let the vegetables cook for about 10 minutes, shaking pan every few minutes to avoid sticking or burning.
- Add cashews and cook for another 2 minutes. Then, add enough water to cover the vegetables, and stir in vegetable stock (or bouillon powder). Let boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Pour mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth. Then slowly add milk and stir in pea protein. Season with nutmeg (freshly grated is best), salt (taste the soup first, as some vegetable stocks can be salty) and pepper. Stir in chopped parsley and serve with croutons or bread.