In honor of National Cookie Day, we’re celebrating with this amazingly delicious almond butter cookie. Not only is this cookie packed with healthy oats, but it also has the protein you crave – with a hint of maple that will have you grabbing for seconds.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute for baking
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nature's Plus Organic Almond Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 cups instant oats
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Flour, as needed (about 1/4 cup)
- Mix almond butter, sugar substitute and egg whites with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and protein powder.
- Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix together. (If the mixture is dry, the cookie will turn out more like biscotti. You may add water at this point if you prefer a more cake-like cookie.)
- Add maple syrup and mix all together. (At this point, you may need to add flour if the mixture is too runny and/or to make the batter rise a bit.)
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes (per batch), or until cookies are brown along the bottom and outside ridge.